CONFESSIONS OF A PREACHER'S WIFE

Conversations between a preacher's wife and God. Conversations here are offered as composites of various struggles facing minister's wives in general. This blog acts as a mirror into the mind of various trials faced by ministers' wives I've met along my journey as a pastor's wife of 26 years. Any statements used here are purely coincidental to anyone specifically. Once posted and printed all material is [copyrighted by SelahV, 2006].

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

WELL, I THOUGHT I MEANT THAT, LORD

Lord, you are so wonderful. You are greater than all I see on this earth. You are more than I can comprehend. You are...What? Back up a bit?

Yes, Lord. I meant what I said. You are greater than all I see. What do you mean am I sure? Of course, I'm sure. Who or what could be greater than You on this earth? Well, yes, I do like that new car my daughter bought. And I do think it would be nice to have one like it. I mean have you heard that muffler on my van? But there is no way I would think that a brand new SUV is greater than you, Lord. No way.

My house? Well, no I'm not all that attached to this house, either, Lord. It will be here tomorrow, all dusty like it was yesterday. So it can hardly compare to your splendor, Father. My grandkids? Well, uh...umm...gosh, Lord. How am I suppose to answer that? You know how much I love them. You know how great I think they are. And yes, I admit I spend far more time playing with them than I do reading Your Word. But You gave them to me, Lord. I do my best to be the greatest grama I can be. Isn't that what you want?

I thought so.

Huh? Well, yes, I do spend a lot of time fretting over ways to make them happy. What to get them for Christmas...stuff like that. You are right. I see Your point. I often put them higher on my priority list than You. I feel so bad when they're sick. I suppose I do worry needlessly sometimes. You care far more than I do for them.

Yes, I know I can trust You to do what's best in their lives. You are greater than all that is on this earth and yet the tiny little sparrow can't drop from a pine limb without Your eye upon it. Shucks, I can't even remember to put water in the bird-bath lately.

I'm sorry. I will trust you more. But I don't think I can stop spoiling my grandchildren. Afterall, I've learned that from You. You pour out so many blessings on me each day. And I am so grateful, Lord. Even when I forget to tell You so. [copyrighted Dani Lee, 2006]

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home