CONFESSIONS OF A PREACHER'S WIFE

Conversations between a preacher's wife and God. Conversations here are offered as composites of various struggles facing minister's wives in general. This blog acts as a mirror into the mind of various trials faced by ministers' wives I've met along my journey as a pastor's wife of 26 years. Any statements used here are purely coincidental to anyone specifically. Once posted and printed all material is [copyrighted by SelahV, 2006].

Sunday, November 19, 2006

SHOULD I BE PRAYING ABOUT THIS?

I wonder, Lord. She has been on my mind all day. I was reading some blogs and everywhere I went she was there. I was washing my dishes and she was there. I was brushing my teeth and she was there. I was watching TV and she was there. I was sitting in Sunday School and she was there. I tried to read and she was there.

Every thought I thought turned to thoughts of her. Is it because I don't agree with her? Is it because I think she is too sensitive and reads things into everything anyone says? Is it because You want me to pray for her? Huh? Well, no, I'm not angry. No, I'm not even miffed. I just feel....well, I feel so sad. When I think of her I feel sad. Hmmm?

Oh, no I don't think she is lost, Lord. I truly believe she knows You. I just think sometimes we all think we are doing everything for all the right reasons. And sometimes others are able to see what we can't see in ourselves, ya know? Well, of course You know. You are God, after all.

When we see our ways as right and others see us as pious and self-righteous, could it be our tone? Could it be we are a bit high and mighty as Mama use to say? I'm really struggling here, Lord. I like her. I do. But it bothers me when she has nothing positive to say to anyone unless they think like she does. Am I wrong here?

I know. We are not to think of ourselves higher than anyone else. We are not to look down on anyone. We are not You and we have no business trying to be You. I have no idea what someone else's motives are. But my spirit hurts when I hear some of the things she says to others. Help me, Lord to still my tongue. Help me, Lord to lasso my thoughts and bring them all into captivity. I don't like thinking sad things about her all day long. I don't even know if I should be praying about this. At least not with her in mind. Maybe it's me. [copyrighted, Dani Lee 2006]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home