CONFESSIONS OF A PREACHER'S WIFE

Conversations between a preacher's wife and God. Conversations here are offered as composites of various struggles facing minister's wives in general. This blog acts as a mirror into the mind of various trials faced by ministers' wives I've met along my journey as a pastor's wife of 26 years. Any statements used here are purely coincidental to anyone specifically. Once posted and printed all material is [copyrighted by SelahV, 2006].

Thursday, November 23, 2006

GRATEFUL IS AS GRATEFUL IS

Lord, I'm not feeling so grateful at the moment. I'm thinking grateful.

I think about how blessed I am. How wonderful You have been to me. I think about the nuts and bolts of life. Facts. Shelter. Provision. Relationships.

But sometimes--and I think right this moment is one of those times--I focus too much on me. Not enough on You, Almighty God.

You are the Maker of all mankind. You are beyond my comprehension. You are unfathomable in glory. You are all-powerful. You are in my thoughts, before my thoughts and after my thoughts.You, dear God in the heavens above and beyond our knowable universe, are merciful to the merciless.

Why oh Lord are You so good? Why do You continue to control Your wrath against our wickedness? Why do you love us who deserve nothing but your hate? Why do you allow us to play games with your world, your people, and stand by with such longsuffering? How do you tolerate our pettiness?

Oh my God. My loving loving Lord. I am so filthy. And You are so holy. In my cleanest moment, my purest thought, my most humble prayer and deepest contrition, I am still not worthy of Your Son's death upon the cross. I am so grateful Father, for Your Love unspeakable. Your Grace unmeasurable. Your Presence unchanging. I die again, my Lord. I die again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home