CONFESSIONS OF A PREACHER'S WIFE

Conversations between a preacher's wife and God. Conversations here are offered as composites of various struggles facing minister's wives in general. This blog acts as a mirror into the mind of various trials faced by ministers' wives I've met along my journey as a pastor's wife of 26 years. Any statements used here are purely coincidental to anyone specifically. Once posted and printed all material is [copyrighted by SelahV, 2006].

Friday, November 24, 2006

REST HE IN THEE

Lord, I'm so happy! You have answered my prayers!

For so long I've been concerned about my hubby. He's been working like the trumpet's about to blow and he's in charge of the entire universe. I'm so glad you've not only given him these two days of rest, but that he has two more before Monday.

Me? Well, of course I take care of him. He said just the other day that when he lets me get his coffee and pick up his socks that he's just letting me do what I was intended to do. Be his helpmate. Yes, I know he was kidding. He does far more for me than I could ever begin to do for him. Even if he doesn't do what I want when I want it done. Hmm? Right now?

I dont want anything, Lord. Just want him to rest. Rest his tired body. And, well, I'd love for You to bless him real good in the next few days. Refresh his spirit as well as his body. Fill him with wisdom for Sunday. Stir up his soul and restore the joy of Your salvation to him. Grant him your power to walk on, dear Lord. And in the days ahead, when all the world beckons, let him rest in Thee. Let him rest in Thee. [copyrighted, dani lee, 2006]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home