CONFESSIONS OF A PREACHER'S WIFE

Conversations between a preacher's wife and God. Conversations here are offered as composites of various struggles facing minister's wives in general. This blog acts as a mirror into the mind of various trials faced by ministers' wives I've met along my journey as a pastor's wife of 26 years. Any statements used here are purely coincidental to anyone specifically. Once posted and printed all material is [copyrighted by SelahV, 2006].

Saturday, November 25, 2006

IGNORE ME IF YA WANT TO

I feel so ignored lately, Lord. I wonder sometimes if I walked to the other side of the world if anyone would notice I was gone. Hmmm? Yes, Lord, I know.

I have my friend, BJ. You sent me Rose. But....huh? Yes, I am feeling sorry for myself. And yes, I do know it's a holiday weekend. And I realize it's hard when family isn't around. Annnnd...a husband just wants to veg out in front of the TV. Of course, that's what I wanted. I wanted him to relax. To rest. What else do I want?


Well, I want conversation. I want feedback. I want, uh...yes, Lord! That's it! Approval. I don't know why, but I do. Maybe I'm just too needy, Lord. Hmmm?

Yes, I know You are here with me. And Lord, I am sooooo thankful You have given me an outlet for sharing my thoughts. (Though I know I whine far more than I praise.) Yes, Lord; of course I know I whine!

How can I not know my every little itty bitty weakness? I can't go through five minutes without Your Spirit tapping me on the shoulder or whispering verses in my ear.


Ears? No, Lord, ear! My right ear.

That's where I hear Your Holy Spirit. The left ear keeps getting all clogged up with the devil's garbled messages. Every time You say something, he says something. It's really quite annoying. I have a difficult time trying to follow directions when everything is perfectly clear. So when he's coming at me and You're guiding me, and I'm trying to lead my own way...well, it's nearly impossible to think, let alone walk.

Hmmmmmmn...I'm thinking.

Here I am whining about being ignored and all the while, You're trying to get my attention and I'm ignoring You! Thanks, Lord. I needed that reminder. [copyrighted, dani lee, selahV, 2006]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home