CONFESSIONS OF A PREACHER'S WIFE

Conversations between a preacher's wife and God. Conversations here are offered as composites of various struggles facing minister's wives in general. This blog acts as a mirror into the mind of various trials faced by ministers' wives I've met along my journey as a pastor's wife of 26 years. Any statements used here are purely coincidental to anyone specifically. Once posted and printed all material is [copyrighted by SelahV, 2006].

Thursday, November 30, 2006

I SURE WISH I WAS SIMPLE

I really wish I was simple, Lord. But I'm not. I'm so complex I can't figure me out. You knew me before I was ever born, Lord. You knitted me together in my mother's womb. What I want to know is why I didn't come with a set of instructions. Huh?

No, not Your Word, Lord. Something different. Something simple. You know; like a Reader's Digest version of life written on a 1st Grade level. Pictures. That's what I need. Pictures. I'd rather look at pictures than read any day. Humm? Yes, I do think Your world is the canvas of Your heart, Lord. But I still don't know why I like summer in winter and winter in summer. I don't know why I think so much. I don't know why I take such pleasure in watching these little letters show up on the screen in front of me. I don't know why this silly dog wants to lay on me when I want her to go lay somewhere else.

I don't know why I do what I don't want to do, and don't want to do all the things that I do. I don't get it! I'd really like to be one of the simple ones. You say in Psalm 116 in verse 6 that You preserve the simple.

What? The rest of it? Out loud? Okay, sure; "The Lord preserves the simple; I was brought low, and He helped and saved me." Whoa. No, I don't want to be brought low. I'm so low now I could jump rope under the bed, Lord. So You brought me here to show me something? Great, so this is as low as it gets. Whew, I'm soooo glad. And now You're gonna help me get my act together again? Good. Cause I already know You've saved me. Though I don't know why; I simply cannot grasp it.

2 Comments:

At 8:35 PM , Blogger dogpreacher said...

I enjoyed the "archives" here, and told my wife of your site. I am a SBC pastor in rural east Texas, and my wife likes to write and read others concerning God and His Word. I am...

...grateful for grace.

http://hesinmyheart.blogspot.com/

http://dogpreachersdoghouse.blogspot.com/

http://dogpreacher.blogspot.com

 
At 9:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dogpreacher, So glad you found me. I'd love to chat with your wife. I'll check out your sites tomorrow. I've got the grandgirls over tonite. Must get to bed so I can have enough energy to keep up with those little darlings tomorrow. I love every minute of being with them. Thanks so much for stopping by and posting. I'm south Oklahoma. Grace, grace, marvelous grace, grace that is greater than all our sin...dani lee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home