CONFESSIONS OF A PREACHER'S WIFE

Conversations between a preacher's wife and God. Conversations here are offered as composites of various struggles facing minister's wives in general. This blog acts as a mirror into the mind of various trials faced by ministers' wives I've met along my journey as a pastor's wife of 26 years. Any statements used here are purely coincidental to anyone specifically. Once posted and printed all material is [copyrighted by SelahV, 2006].

Monday, February 12, 2007

SPEAK TO ME, OH FATHER

Lord, you amaze me. You really do. Throughout history You have sought a relationship with man. You created man to have a relationship with you. You use to come down in the cool of the evening and walk in the Garden of Eden with him--fellowship and chat.

Although man sinned and I have done likewise, You still long to walk with me now. You loved me enough--in spite of myself--to send Your Son to attone for my sin and reconcile me back to You. And so much more than just setting a place at Your table in Your eternal mansion, You are preparing a room just for me. And while You're fluffing my pillows, and making my bed, You still take time for me here. As I wander about in this garden called life and work my way through all the weeds, You stand right beside me, You lead and You guide me to sit by the rivers of Life. And when I am quiet and rest in Your Grace, I find myself looking at you face to Face. I know You are You because You still speak and I'm so blessed by the tone of Your voice.

I'm ever grateful, my Father, that on this side of the door of eternity I can hear You talking to Your Son and know You are discussing my journey. I take comfort in knowing You are watching over me. When I ask, "Why is such and such happening?", it is not because I question You, Father. It's simply because the circumstances in life I trust to Your care. I seek to know what my part in Your plan I'm to follow. I know from experience, my way is not the best. So help to know when You'd have me to go, or when You'd rather I rest. Speak to me, oh Father. I stand at the door and knock. SelahV [copyrighted, selahvtoday,2007]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home